academic fresh start
academic fresh start is an opportunity for new and former students to have earned coursework 10 or more years old to be ignored for admission purposes. once ignored, this coursework cannot be used at uh for admission, course prerequisites or degree requirements.
official transcripts from all colleges attended, including transcripts that include coursework completed 10 or more years old, must be sent to the university of houston office of admissions. students choosing academic fresh start, however, must meet current admission requirements with coursework taken within the past 10 years.
- learn more about academic fresh start by visiting the undergraduate catalog
- apply for admission using the apply texas application or the common application. submit just one application.
- submit the academic fresh start acknowledgement form to admissions
freshman applicants to the university of houston who
- submit the freshman admissions appeal form to admissions
- include the following support materials with the appeal form:
- personal statement (the statement should include information explaining why the student be considered for admission and the supplemental factor(s) that form the basis of his or her request.)
- letters of support (at least two letters of support from school counselors, teachers, and/or personal references who can confirm that there is reasonable evidence that the student can succeed academically at the university of houston. please do not include letters from immediate family members.)
- resume (list employment, volunteer hours, extracurricular activities, talents, and awards.)
- updated official high school transcript (should include grades from most recently completed semester.)
- at least two sat or act scores (scores must be submitted electronically through college board or act.)