standard operating procedures (sops) are instructions intended to document how to perform a routine activity. the college of education office of graduate studies uses standard operating procedures to help ensure consistency and quality. standard operating procedures are also useful tools to communicate important university policies and college best practices.
many university and college processes require strict adherence to a set of instructions, to ensure the intended outcome occurs. having a set of written instructions to refer to when performing the steps of a process helps ensure consistency. additionally, when new faculty and staff come on-board, standard operating procedures serve as important reference tools. finally, having standard operating procedures available demonstrates the office of graduate studies efforts to communicate policy and procedure to faculty and to staff.
the following list is not all-inclusive:
graduate student procedures
- termination of enrollment in graduate program
- dropping courses student or faculty
- leave of absence
- submission process for a thesis or dissertation
- transfer credit with sample petition
- waive or course substitution
- walk at graduation
- phls course load exception
- updated abstract format
- grievance policy summary
- dissertation and thesis proposal process
- graduate certificate policies