the research committee shall consist of the following members: (a) two representatives from each department of the college, both of whom are either tenured/tenure-track, or, members of the research faculty who have active, funded research, chosen by the faculty of the departments; and (b) dean or dean's designee, ex-officio.
the college research committee shall be responsible to the faculty of the college for:
- recommending policies that encourage and support research;
- recommending the designation, distribution, and disbursement of available funds to facilitate research in the coe;
- generating, recommending, reviewing, and disseminating university and college policies affecting research to include: evalsuating proposals for coe research opportunities and faculty release opportunities, and recommending recipients for faculty research excellence awards;
- advising the dean’s office regarding research issues, external funding opportunities, policies, and procedures related to and affecting research;
- providing input and advice to administration regarding promotional materials and publicity of research activities; and
- promoting awareness of coe faculty research.